homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » New York Times?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New York Times?
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2010 08:59      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all!

Much as I'm loath to use the forums for my own nefarious purposes, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out?

I'm looking for a copy of yesterday's (15.08) Sunday New York Times, to be delivered to me here in Berlin, Germany. All expenses would of course be reimbursed.

The reason I ask is because there's a short feature which mentions my company - we'd love to get hold of a copy, but are finding it damned near impossible!

I'm asking anyone I even remotely know who is based in the US, in the hopes that someone will be able to assist.

And if this is considered spam, please delete away, sorry in advance Snaggy! [blush]

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted August 16, 2010 10:24      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
skylar, no problem! This is why the Internet was invented!

Hmmm, I don't know of anywhere around here that would have one, but if I do think of a place, I will try.

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2010 21:00      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shoot, if I had noticed this earlier I might have been able to find one around here somewhere, but I imagine the unsold copies have already been pulled off the newsstands by now.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2010 21:36      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[see e-mail]

P.S. I know some time ago, I did have some luck buying a Sunday paper at the Hudson News at GCT...when /no one/ else was selling...but it was still Sunday. Past that is pushing one's luck.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jessycat

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1171

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2010 22:27      Profile for Jessycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey skylar, I am assuming that dman saved the day (as usual), but if additional copies would be useful I'll definitely ask around!
Posts: 490 | From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
skylar
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2010 09:33      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, dman saved the day! Thank you muchly, kind sir!

Thanks Jessy, MightyClub and Snaggy, much appreciated, but no need to worry now [Smile]

I love that here we have the dragon saving the day, as opposed to the usual knight in shining armour. Poor dragons really have gotten a terrible rep over the years, haven't they? [Wink]

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted August 17, 2010 14:48      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mag Valour dragon!

(as usual)

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2010 15:23      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Skylar, good to see a post from you, and you think enough of us to ask a favor, how cool is that. Stay well and enjoy life.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
skylar
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2010 04:13      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MoMan, if there's one thing I learned early on, it's that if you have a problem and you just don't know how to solve it, a good geek should be the first person you turn to [Wink] ... Lovely to hear from you, hope you're staying well and enjoying life too!
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2010 17:44      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I figured the dragon would be able to slay the day... wait, I mean save the dragon... ah, fuhgeddaboudit.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture