homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Mac Mini Update not loading

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mac Mini Update not loading
Nick
Mini Geek
Member # 2413

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2010 07:40      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The update for 10.6.4 will not install on my Mac Mini. any ideas why?

--------------------
~Blade

Posts: 89 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2010 07:52      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because you're trying to install it from an Celine Dion CD?

Because you haven't turned the system on?

Because you've mistaken a DVD player for a Mac Mini?

Because the CD is covered with peanut butter and jelly?

Entropy?

You might wanna add a little more detail to your question.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Nick
Mini Geek
Member # 2413

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2010 08:51      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use the software update option in the apple menu It finds the OS update downloads it and then says it cant be Like Verified or something like that and does not install.

--------------------
~Blade

MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2010 09:52      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nick: http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Mac+OS+X+update+cannot+be+verified

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nick
Mini Geek
Member # 2413

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2010 20:33      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugg you guys are so rude. What is the deal with that. You don't have to be jerks.

--------------------
~Blade

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2010 22:31      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, my response was due to the complete, utter lack of information that you provided. Nobody could give you an answer based on your first post.

MacManKrisK's response, if you followed it, showed how google could have been used to find the answer. Lo and behold, the first result you get after the animation is the -exact- answer that you need.

...and yet you complain that we weren't nice enough in giving you the answer to your question. Nice.

Next time you need help, maybe you should call Apple support since we're clearly not polite enough for you.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Nick
Mini Geek
Member # 2413

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2010 09:35      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well buddies That was not the answer because Guess what I am running OS X 10.6.3 not 10.3.... Before you Say i am stupid or anything make sure your answer is correct. Do not pull a Bush guys.

--------------------
~Blade

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2010 09:43      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry. Our psychic ability to determine your operating system version without your input must be on the blink.

Go die in a fire already.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2010 09:54      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so, I added "10.6" to the previous google search query and found this result called "10.6.4 Update FAILS. Popup says "Install Failed"": http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=11681563

This was the third link down on the results page.

If that doesn't help then there is this different, but similar problem and might help you too: http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=11487140

Just in case you don't scroll down in the first link to find the link to the 10.6.4 "combo update," here is the direct link to download the combo update: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1048

Download the combo update, run it, and it should fix your problem.

By the way, this took me about 45 seconds to google the phrase "Mac OS X 10.6 update cannot be verified" and 5-6 minutes to write this reply.

We are not rude because we are mean, we are rude because you are unwilling (or unable?) to spend the 45-120 seconds necessary to google the answer for yourself.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2010 12:49      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nick

Your initial question conveys insufficient data to resolve the issue you are experiencing.

As someone who deals with questions like this on a VERY regular basis I feel the need to say the following.

Please provide concise details as to what you were doing, the error and what you did to try to resolve the problem. I will always ask the client for more details. Here on a a forum, which is less direct and interactive, you will anger the impatient.

Never assume anyone know what you are talking about without providing pertinent details.

There is an old saying "the devil is in details"

also...

A famous green man once said, and this is MY personal mantra "Do or do not. There is no try."

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2010 13:38      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And really...is Google that hard to use?

Even I'll ask a question around here from time to time when I'm stumped, as certain things are tough to find on Google -- but I only ask after I've exhausted most other resources.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2010 14:50      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
but I only ask after I've exhausted most other resources.

I think the dragonman has made, very concisely, the exact point I was trying to make. It's not that you asked, it's not that you needed help, it's the fact that you apparently didn't even try to find a solution before you came and asked.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high

TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2010 16:00      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Nick, My truck won,t start, I get a message check gauges, any ideas?

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture