homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » iPad Flash converter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: iPad Flash converter
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2010 04:46      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the iPad does not and will not run flash, But i am really thinking about buying ojne but 50% of my internet surfing is flash video watching. Now many claim that site like vimeo and youtube now have HTML5 pages, but I am looking for an app that does flash to HTML5 or something watchable. I cannot seem to find it, But I swear i heard about this in some news report. wasit just wichfull thinking. is there a way to watch convert flash videos and watch them with relative ease ( I saw a suggestion of downloading and converting the files to quicktime on anouther computer then tranfering them.

any suggestions ( that do not include buying some otehr tablet.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2010 08:32      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't heard of this, so there may be someone attempted to create a Flash player, but I seriously doubt that there is one currently out. And even if it is successfully created, I figure that it will be a cold day in hell before Apple will let it through their "quality assurance" teams for iTunes.

Then again, I really don't keep much of an eye on Cupertino. The only reason I ever bother is when work sends another gadget of their's to use as part of the testing rig.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2010 09:22      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't find any app on the store that does that, and I should think that if there were one it would be very slow.

Your only option is probably to convert them on the computer and transfer them with iTunes.

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2010 17:53      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Skyfire: http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/29/skyfire-2-0-now-ready-to-set-android-ablaze/

Not available for iPhone at this time. I thought I saw something else a day or two ago about an iPhone version being submitted to Apple, but I can't find it now.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture