homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Do Cats seek Revenge??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do Cats seek Revenge??
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 08, 2009 09:04      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
__________________ TheMoMan Here ___________

Every morning at the MoMan's house the pets want out at Sunrise, the Dog does her thing and is back right away. The Cat is an other issue. She will spend hours outside, well this morning it was raining, a lot of rain. The Mrs and my self checked often to let the Cat back in. About three hours after Sun up she came to the door, I pushed the storm door open, and in she came. The Mrs exclaimed that she had something in her mouth, and reached for the Cat. Thats when the Bird escaped her jaw, and started flying around the laundry room. I am trying to get the door between the rest of the house and the laundry room shut, and the cat is trying to recapture the bird, I got the back door open again and as the bird exited the cat made one last leap at recapturing the bird landing back on the deck as the bird flew away. I let the angry cat back into the house.

Later as the Mrs. sets down on the couch the cat attacks her head, when she moves to a different location the cat jumps up and again attacks her head, Do Cats seek Revenge??

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2009 09:18      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about revenge, but our cat has very particular ideas about punishment and who deserves it, and for what. Usually she's satisfied with giving us dirty looks, but sometimes an offense against felinity is so heinous it merits a beating (or three). Maybe she's trying to teach Mrs. Mo Man not to let food escape?

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 08, 2009 09:21      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, revenge is when the cat pukes on your bed. This is punishment. Your wife is experiencing the wrath of Cat. Toss some crumpled bits of paper at the cat. Maybe that'll distract it...for about five seconds. [Roll Eyes]

My cat stalks me. Even after he knows he's been spotted. And sometimes he knocks things over. On purpose

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2009 12:59      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In our house, puking isn't really revenge. It's more passive aggressive: Cat is hungry, Monkeys don't get out of bed at 4:30 AM to microwave herring for Cat, Cat vomits from starvation on the hallway rug.

--------------------

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 08, 2009 13:40      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never figured out what ours pukes in revenge for. Maybe kreziserb didn't give him any bacon, or we rubbed him under the chin BEFORE the belly rub and not after. And I swear, sometimes it's just a test of devotion: "Will you still love and snuggle me after I ralph all over your shirt sleeve?"

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 08, 2009 14:12      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_____Well here at the HillTop the dog Ralphs more than the cat, I think it is from the road kill she finds.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2009 15:23      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have four cats. One of them, Rowan, ralphs quite often. It's not revenge though - she is a very nervous cat and she just eats too quickly sometimes and can't keep it down.

Travis is different. If you don't display the correct amount of obeisance when you walk past her she will hit you. If you ignore her from a distance so she can't hit you, she will knock your stuff off shelves.

Bramble and Bailey don't do revenge or punishment, they just sulk [Smile]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2009 03:24      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Cat also vomits from eating too much. Though since we've switched to making our own food, it doesn't happen nearly as much (only the time I misjudged the amount of herring). Maswan hypothesizes that she would eat the dry food until she was full, then drink (an observable sequence of events), and then the food would absorb the water in her stomach, expand, and she would vomit.

--------------------

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2009 12:14      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
originally posted by fs:
Maswan hypothesizes that she would eat the dry food until she was full, then drink (an observable sequence of events), and then the food would absorb the water in her stomach, expand, and she would vomit.

This sounded plausible, so I discussed it with Mrs Grummash and we reckon it's about right. The only times Rowan yaks up meat/gravy is when she's trying to puke up some grass she's eaten.
But when she eats the dry biscuits she always drinks a lot of water straight afterwards and sometimes she will vomit the biscuits within two minutes of drinking. And they are quite swollen compared to their dry state.

Mystery solved. [thumbsup]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2009 15:51      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad we aren't the only couple that has discussions about the things that come out of the Cat. (After prolonged Cat-illness, we really need a new topic of conversation.)

--------------------

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2009 17:21      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We haven't really figured out what makes our cat yak. We don't give him a lot of dry food and while we change flavors on him daily that doesn't seem to trigger the puking. Nor does his daily chunk of raw meat (kreziserb has thoroughly spoiled our cat [Roll Eyes] ). Sometimes, after he's coughed something up, he at least has the grace to act embarrassed about it. Other times, I swear, he's either testing our devotion or Sending us a Message.

--------------------
- The Decemberists

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture