homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Anyone familiar with building ADM templates?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone familiar with building ADM templates?
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted April 15, 2009 12:11      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So as I mentioned in an earlier post, I am testing our next release of the software.

Well we have moved from executables to MSI's. There are some good points and some bad points about this. Now with the added complexity of our MSI packages, we now need a more complex ADM template for AD/Zen/package manager of choice installations.

So I have been racking my brain on how to get a couple of things going.

Problem one.
I can build 99% of my options. But these options are kicking in after the install. So that means I have to reboot to see the changes. Anyone know if you can get the template to to kick in an assert itself earlier?

Problem two.
Does anyone know if you can get an ADM to create a REG_MULTI_SZ ? I have found out how to create DWORD, and basic REG_SZ, but not that particular string.

Problem three.
I need to be able to create a simple text box, to insert a hex string in a REG_DWORD. I can't seem to find out how to do this yet. Any ideas?

Problem four.
This is not a big one, but more for functionality. We are using a REG_DWORD that has multiple values for different install options. Well this is a number code. Right now I have built the ADM with the list of possible options to help the Admin decide what options and calculate the proper number to enter. What I would like to do is create a series of checkboxes that would add different numbers to this key. Now, I can get it to add one option or the other, but not create a sum of all of them and add on the fly. Basically so you can add option 1 to option 3, and their sum will be written in the key. So I am trying to see if there is some documentation on whether or not this is even a possibility.

I have done Technet and a few other sites and did some of my own researching through books and the intarwebs. I am just hoping that someone else has built some of these things and can offer me a few pointers.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2009 05:34      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not me. I'm just bumping this so maybe someone who does know will see it.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture