homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Laptop Wireless Network

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Laptop Wireless Network
JustMe
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 25886

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2009 14:20      Profile for JustMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I use a laptop to share my internet connection to another laptop at home (through Wi-Fi).

However when I play multiplayer-games on the laptop (receiving the internet connection from Wi-Fi), it seems that I keeps lagging.

It seems that I am not receiving my Internet connection fully to the other laptop.

Any help? or maybe any help/tools that could help me measuring the internet connection received etc?

Posts: 4 | From: Mauritius | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2009 15:31      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_______________ JustMe __ If I read your post correctly, one laptop is the server for the others. If this true it would need to be the fastest and most powerful one in the group.

So you have an internet connection that a number of Computers are sharing, so depending on what they are doing they each are getting Int.=1/L where L is how many are connected at one time.

Me thinks that performance would take a hit.

--------------------
If it don't glow it ain't Ham Radio

Posts: 5475 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.