homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » LUA problems

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LUA problems
password
Geek
Member # 12442

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 07, 2009 17:03      Profile for password   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, haven't posted in a while because some of my childish endeavors seem to aggravate some of the older members.

anyway on to my problem at hand. i am looking for a windows functional LUA compiler, all i want is a simple .exe compiler, I'm not writing programs from scratch I'm modifying existing files and i have no way of putting them back into a compiled form.

anyone have one of these?

--------------------
no my password is not username

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2009 18:37      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you even think to try searching for "lua compiler"? It's not exactly hard to figure out which link returned would have one.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 07, 2009 21:16      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

How much more time did it take to write that post than to hit Ctrl-K in Firefox and type 'lua compiler' [enter] ?

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2009 02:28      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_________________________ Password ___ Choice of words. Here and as you get old enough to work for a living, you will find out. Other people may offer suggestions on a project, but not do all of your research. Now if you had asked what LUA compiler worked best for this or that OS you would have gotten a better answer. It would be like asking for help with homework and then going to a movie and when you get home, the homework is still not done. We will guide you not take you to your destination.

Threadjack __ Thanks for the input on a home accounting program "Portable APPS GnuCash" does exactly what I wanted.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5855 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2009 14:30      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:

Threadjack __ Thanks for the input on a home accounting program "Portable APPS GnuCash" does exactly what I wanted.

Awesome - glad to hear it!

I used to use GnuCash back when my old laptop worked well - it was a nice app! [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
password
Geek
Member # 12442

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2009 17:48      Profile for password   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i came here after trying google, it returned no usable results.

im not saying its a bad thing about being older than me i was just attempting to poke a little fun.

anyway i was wondering if anyone had a compiler, but judging from the responses its just as hard to find as i hoped it wouldn't be.

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2009 18:36      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.lua.org? The second most obvious possible thing you could have tried (right after lua.com)? It's right there on the first page of google results... oh, and LOOK... a big ass link on that page says "Download"

How could you NOT find that?

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2009 19:10      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by password:
anyway on to my problem at hand. i am looking for a windows functional LUA compiler, all i want is a simple .exe compiler, I'm not writing programs from scratch I'm modifying existing files and i have no way of putting them back into a compiled form.

I'm curious. Why would anyone make a distinction? A compiler is sufficient to write things from scratch or rebuild things that you get from elsewhere. I'm guessing you mean "a compiler vs. an IDE". IMO, if you need a full IDE to write a new app, then the language (or framework) you are using is broken. No language should be so complex that you can't write an app with no more than a text editor, a compiler and some reference docs. That is especially true for a tool that claims to be an embeddable scripting language.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
password
Geek
Member # 12442

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 10, 2009 12:46      Profile for password   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@grumpy steen

the lua homepage does not have the materials i need in that download. infact i have the very download it is referring to sitting on my desktop right now. however i have fixed this problem, as someone on a different board had a compiler that worked and i am now using that.

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2009 16:09      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*goes to www.lua.org*
*clicks on "download"*
*clicks on "get a binary"*
*arrives at a page with a huge list of links for downloads for ATARI TOS/Mint, Linux, Mac OS 9, Mac OS X, Playstation 2 and Windows*

Gee, that was hard.

[shake head]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture