homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » XBox 360 Region Code

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: XBox 360 Region Code
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 03, 2008 00:50      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I got the Simpsons game for the Xbox in the recent giveaway *yay!*
Me being a cheap dude, I kept it a month and gave it my brother for christmas.
Now I run into a problem I tried to forget - our Xbox was bought in Europe, Austria. And the Xbox 360 game is from the USA/Canada area.
Now, after christmas - I put the game into the drive, waited anxiously to start gaming - and it straightout said "wrong region code of disc!".

Damnit.
Do you have any ideas on how to make a way around this? Hack it? Though, I don't want to necessarily Hack the firmware.
If you know any options or ideas, please be so kind and share them [Smile]
Otherwise, I might sell the game - new, in perfect condition.

Thanks!
Thomas

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2008 06:56      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most games for the 360 aren't region encoded so far (not that it helps you any in this case). You have two choices for getting around the region encoding: Hacked firmware or a mod chip.

For the most part, both are detectible and will wind up blocking you from accessing Live for online content but there is at least one mod chip that claims to be able to be disabled in order to allow Live content access.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture