homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Impossible Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Impossible Question
JamesDublin
Mini Geek
Member # 6177

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2007 02:07      Profile for JamesDublin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok here's a question that only a music geek could answer... I heard a song on a Toronto radio station back in the 90s by some alternative, Japanese, techno-pop girl group and all I can tell you about it is that part of the lyrics went something like "I am happy, I am happy, I am happy, how are you?". It was a really upbeat song and the music was kind of retro-sixties.

I was pointed in the direction of Takako Minekawa but alas it's not her. Although, it does have the same kinda feel as her song Spin Spin Spider - but way more upbeat.

It's been driving me crazy for years and if I quit my job and moved back to Toronto to spend a year or two digging up old boxes with old cassettes in them, there's a chance I could find a copy of it from when I taped it off the radio That's a pretttttty slim chance though.

If anybody can answer this question I'll send you a present from Dublin Ireland to say thanks!

--------------------
I still love my 17" PowerBook G4!

Posts: 56 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
JamesDublin
Mini Geek
Member # 6177

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2007 02:24      Profile for JamesDublin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It must be my lucky day, because literally just after posting the question - I found the answer!!!

In case anybody's interested, the band is Pizzicato Five and the song (from 1995) is called "Good!" from the album The Sound Of Music By Pizzicato Five.

While I'm here, is everybody moving up to Leopard? I'm holding off just because I figure I'll upgrade to a MacBook Pro in the next year hopefully.

--------------------

quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2007 05:33      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James: Since you found the answer yourself, you actually owe EVERY forum member a gift from Ireland. It's in the secret GC rule book. I don't make the rules. I only report them.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2007 08:00      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by quantumfluff:
James: Since you found the answer yourself, you actually owe EVERY forum member a gift from Ireland. It's in the secret GC rule book. I don't make the rules. I only report them.

Is it good or bad that the first possible gift what comes to mind is alcohol?

But yeah quantumfluff is so right.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
JamesDublin
Mini Geek
Member # 6177

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2007 08:36      Profile for JamesDublin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My gift to all is one humble person's wish for paece and understanding for all mankind.

Merry Christmas!

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2007 09:25      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peace and understanding is great and all, but I was really hoping for boxty.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2007 13:39      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JamesDublin _________________________ Really now a nice bottle of poteen would do wonders to this old mans constition. Failing that how about a good walking stick?

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5855 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
JamesDublin
Mini Geek
Member # 6177

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2007 02:29      Profile for JamesDublin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, how about a compromise? I'll put the boxty and poteen together in a blender and the we can use the walking stick to beat it back down into out throats as our bodies revolt.

Seriously, with all the booze - how did the Irish not kill themselves out centuries ago?

--------------------

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 02, 2007 02:56      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JamesDublin ___________________ Its called sippin for a reason, you don't just guzzle it down.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5855 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture