homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Good resources for "aliens" on the net?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Good resources for "aliens" on the net?
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 03, 2007 01:53      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, what sites or links do you like for alien stuff? Scifi alien species, anal-probing Roswell types, whatever... Conspiracies, cover-ups, etc. Also any scientific articles or papers disussing the possibility of extraterrestrial life. I'm not so much interested in stuff that is exlcusive to one series, like Star Trek, more off the beaten path than that.

(And no links to Mexicans, please, unless they are certifiably extraterrestrial.)

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2007 08:59      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand the request and am interested to see what others have to share. Especially since the past few attempts at building a truly effective thought-shielding helmet have failed so darned miserably. It turns out the makers of aluminum foil are *part* of the conspiracy, dang 'em anyway! [Eek!]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 03, 2007 10:43      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's why all the new helmets are Teflon. Hence the propaganda about teflon causing cancer.

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2007 17:01      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess it's time to stick my neck out and ask: "How do you feel about glass for such an application?"  -

--------------------

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 11:29      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm hoping to get my hands on one of these babies.
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 12:42      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some pictures.

This one is my fav:
 -

And here are some UFOs, including the "famous" Nazi UFO.

-

I didn't know there was an Nazi UFO. Man am I out of touch.

--------------------

Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 14:19      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one is my favorite:
 -

Who knew that aliens look just like fingers in front of a camera lens?

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 16:39      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
And here are some UFOs, including the "famous" Nazi UFO.

-

I didn't know there was an Nazi UFO. Man am I out of touch.

You would think aliens would choose something a little more corrosion-resistant for the hull of their spacecraft.

Seriously, that thing looks quite interesting. I figured it was some kind of experimental aircraft minus the wings... and look what I found.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 04, 2007 18:26      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting pictures

A forum for UFO's

Nothing special... [ohwell]

--------------------

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 00:51      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sxeptomaniac:
[QUOTE]Seriously, that thing looks quite interesting. I figured it was some kind of experimental aircraft minus the wings... and look what I found.

That's really cool!

(Now I'm making up a story in my head that involves the Ministry of Propaganda using Wikipedia as an outlet for disinformation.)

--------------------

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 00:54      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GG, this one is awesome:

-

I love retro UFO pics. Russia has some strange UFO cults, too.

That forum is great, too. Very X-Files.

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 01:42      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might find this interesting
(of course, it only shows what They want you to see)

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 04:15      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! Crop circles! er. Sand circles!

Oh my bad, those might be roads.

--------------------

Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 06:20      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have a baseball diamond!
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 06:27      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And strange saucer-shaped parking bays.

And is this a parked flying saucer ?

Did a whole squadron of UFOs park here ?

</von-daniken>

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 07:47      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a particularly good bit of film of a possible small grey alien somewhere near Rotherham...

alien caught on film

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 16:18      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! That's not a real alien!

Wait...

Just forget I said anything.

--------------------

Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 18:56      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you mean FS?

Have I been hoodwinked?

Oh no...

So all the other Zontar the Alien films are faked too (go Google - some are NSFW... mostly those not on You Tube)

Damn - well the totty was OK I guess if nothing else - and you can't beat the advice "a bit o' Radweld'll fix it...."

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture