homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Resolved! Thank you!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Resolved! Thank you!!
Amanda
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 5140

Icon 10 posted May 16, 2007 20:16      Profile for Amanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I got over what I was trying to do!! I never actual figured it out but that's okay because I don't want to do it!! (it wasn't very nice) Anyways Thanks So So SO MUCH for all your help!

Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2007 20:30      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm, I know this sounds a little wonky, but . . . why do you need a remote password cracker that the U.S. Government would be pissed to know you had? I did a little research on it, and it's not really considered a terribly "legit" computer program.

I know I wouldn't want to be visting Guantanamo Bay on a semi-permanent basis with no real court date or representation or any number of icky things. Because they might. We're coming up on an election year, and the conservatives need something to "bring to justice" in the name of protecting the nation (and their control of the white house) and get their constituents off the whole "Secure the Border" kick they're on right now.

In other words? No. I've never even seen it before. But if you'd like, I can consult my Hello Kitty! tarot cards for ya.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Amanda
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 5140

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2007 20:36      Profile for Amanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh umm well as it is I kinda wish I was doing one of thoes really illegal things because there less embarrassing but what I really want to use it for is to find out my old boyfriends new email password.
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2007 22:27      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
Oh umm well as it is I kinda wish I was doing one of thoes really illegal things because there less embarrassing but what I really want to use it for is to find out my old boyfriends new email password.

Lame. Why don't you just send him an email from God(tm)? telnet is your friend.

But I think what you're trying to do is a federal offense anyways, so maybe you will become a scapegoat.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 17, 2007 03:27      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:

I don't recommend cyberstalking, as the career path tends to lead you on to Troll Witch from Hell.

If he has hurt you, living well really is the best revenge.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 17, 2007 09:19      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Calli's right, Amanda. Just stop going down that path. Obsessing over the past isn't healthy. Learn what you can from the experience and move on.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 17, 2007 09:52      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your ex-boyfriend's new mail password is none of your fucking business. Move on with your life.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2007 20:50      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm afraid I won't be able to offer you any help with Brutus, but if you really want to get that email password from your boyfriend, you'll need the following:

-
 -

-

The official KGB password recovery toolkit - works every time [evil]

Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 17, 2007 23:31      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't that second iron kind of redundant?

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
sosumi
Uber Geek
Member # 1106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2007 00:23      Profile for sosumi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's just some places the second one won't fit into. [Eek!]
Posts: 845 | From: Boston | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 18, 2007 06:08      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forums - since you edited your post i can't add my opinion

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2007 06:53      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stevenback7:
Welcome to the forums - since you edited your post i can't add my opinion

She asking for help to use a remote password cracker to hit an ex's email. After thinking about it, she decided against and is moving on. Personally, I believe she ought to be proud of her decision. It takes a lot not to hire someone to roll an ex or dow whatever it takes to get an explanation of why everything breaks in a relationship.

I know I've wanted my exes to suffer before, especially with the bad break-ups. The whole "move on and have a happy life" is a load of crock until about 10 years later, at which point the ex doesn't care anyway (and she shouldn't either).

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Maggs
Geek
Member # 4682

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 19, 2007 18:46      Profile for Maggs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An ex isn't a big deal.
Posts: 193 | From: NYC | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture