homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Apple store "the feast after the feast" sale

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Apple store "the feast after the feast" sale
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted November 22, 2005 16:54      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All right Apple Store insiders, spill the beans: should we expect anything worthwhile, like decent discounts on ipods and whatnot, or is it going to be the usual "buy a $400 ipod, get a $10 itunes gift card" sort of deal?
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2005 19:12      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Apple store seemed to be offline for a little bit this evening (while I was scoping out bags, I started getting 404s). Apparently there was also some kind of good deal in my store, but I was paying no attention (something about a free printer?).

Oh...I finally got to hold and play with an iPod nano. Holy crap, that thing is small! That thing is *amazing!* Mind you, it looks it might get smaller. [Wink]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted November 22, 2005 20:46      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, I work at an Apple Store, and nobody knows what it is. Herr Jobs keeps us as in the dark as anybody else...we don't know what's coming in until we crack open the shipments.

Part of the marketing scheme for this sale is to keep quiet about it, that way it keeps the idea in the front of everybody's mind. (As if I weren't dreading Black Friday enough as it were...)

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted November 22, 2005 21:09      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
As if I weren't dreading Black Friday enough as it were...)

What's there to fear, a few rich Berklee/Emerson hipsters rushing in to spend their allowance on shiny new toys? That's not so bad, especially compared to having to deal with a bunch of rednecks duking it out over 49 cent Black Friday specials at WalMart [Smile]

On a more serious note, definitely let us know if you find out any details, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wouldn't mind getting a cheap ipod (or whatever else Herr Jobstein decides to put on sale.)

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted November 22, 2005 21:50      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Canada, they call it the "Oh what fun it is to shop." sale.
Saw it on MacMerc...
http://www.macmerc.com/news/apple/2820

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 23, 2005 00:01      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Oh...I finally got to hold and play with an iPod nano. Holy crap, that thing is small! That thing is *amazing!* Mind you, it looks it might get smaller. [Wink]

Just bought a new 30GB iPod (white) after one of my work colleagues made me insanely jealous. Compared to my Gen 1 it's at least 50% thinner, probably half the weight. Screen is right pretty too.
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 23, 2005 00:35      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just found out I work the day after Thanksgiving! I had already made plans to spend the weekend out of town with family. I just happened to overhear a coworker talk about working Friday and was confused, had I not overheard her I would not have shown up to work. Guess I should have know better working for a newspaper publisher. I've just always has the day after Thanksgiving off with pay (except for last year when I was temping in retail, what a bunch of idiots running and falling to get not so great of deals [Roll Eyes] )
Anyway now I'll be driving 2.5 hours on Thanksgiving to see family and have to drive back home the same night in what's looking to be a snowstorm. (break out the tiny violin) [Razz]

Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 23, 2005 01:48      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think they'll have G3 PowerBook (Pismo) replacement DVD drives on sale? Or even an external CD-burner/DVD-ROM would work for me, if it's under $80.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
spidermann
Newbie Larva
Member # 3075

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 23, 2005 22:57      Profile for spidermann   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't expect any discounts on hardware. Expect not enough hardware, especially black 60GB iPod with Video and 20" iMacs.

Software is where the discounts are/will be. Bundles with new CPUs are the focal point.

Posts: 6 | From: Handbasket, Satan's Doorway, Hell | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2005 17:02      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's official - Herr Jobstein is one greedy bastard. Once again, it was all hype and no substance. On the brighter side of things, that old college ID of mine was good for a $30 student discount, and didn't get axe-murdered by our resident mad Mac genius [Smile]
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2005 16:58      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dp004i:
On the brighter side of things, that old college ID of mine was good for a $30 student discount, and didn't get axe-murdered by our resident mad Mac genius [Smile]

Aw, that's because I <3 you, you come into my job on the biggest, stressiest day ever and you give me hugs. [hearts]
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2005 08:40      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
quote:
On the brighter side of things, that old college ID of mine was good for a $30 student discount, and didn't get axe-murdered by our resident mad Mac genius [Smile]

Aw, that's because I <3 you, you come into my job on the biggest, stressiest day ever and you give me hugs. [hearts]
Aw, that was so cute, in a white fluffy bunny sort of way [Smile]

Brother Maynard!..

Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 09, 2005 06:22      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Aw, that was so cute, in a white fluffy bunny sort of way [Smile]

Brother Maynard!..

Yeah, and you KNOW I've got the fangs. *chomp chomp*
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 09, 2005 09:55      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<runs away, runs away!>

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture