homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » total program removal

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: total program removal
Alephcat
Alpha Geek
Member # 2617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2005 03:17      Profile for Alephcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need a program that will do something like, look at my machines setup before and after I have installed a piece of software and tell me what has changed so I can remove everything it installed. Anyone know of anything close? Any help would be much appreciated.

--------------------
"You have the right to search in silence. If you give up the right to search in silence, anything you say can and will be modded down in a court of public opinion."

Posts: 300 | From: Chester | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2005 06:38      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
InCtrl5
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,9882,00.asp

The only problem I see is that they don't make that stuff freely downloadable. You might have to kill a person to get their copy of it. [Wink]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alephcat
Alpha Geek
Member # 2617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2005 07:17      Profile for Alephcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, although I may be able to get work to pay as it is for a work related project. Thanks for the help, if anyone comes across any other likely programs please let me know.

--------------------
"You have the right to search in silence. If you give up the right to search in silence, anything you say can and will be modded down in a court of public opinion."

Posts: 300 | From: Chester | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted September 09, 2005 11:49      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wise installer or installshield will do the same thing

better actually, as you can watch the install happen and create a script which you can use to make your own custom install

getcher keys from "legal" sources of course [Wink]

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Erica Ann
Geek Larva
Member # 4304

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted September 12, 2005 22:57      Profile for Erica Ann   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you are in ME or XP.. why dont you just make a restore point and then do a system restore

--------------------
http://www.aleeya.net

There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who know binary and those who dont.

Posts: 28 | From: north carolina | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture