homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » Needed TV Geek

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Needed TV Geek
bageria
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3758

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 26, 2005 23:40      Profile for bageria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all I'm new nice to meet you. I have a question only a super serious sci-fi tv geek can answer. In the late 80's early 90's there was a sci-fi T.V. show on I only have very few memories of it myself.
It was about this guy trapped in this 50's stle dinner that went through time helping others. Their were a few other people in the dinner as well but that is all I really remember. I'm really wanting the name of this show. I think it was out around the time Amazing Stories was out but I can't be possitive about that. I'm not even sure if it lasted more than one season or not. Anyway thanks a ton
Bageria

--------------------
Life isn't like they tell you it is in the movies.

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2005 09:28      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds a little like Quantum Leap, except he wasn't trapped in a diner. That show was about a guy that kept "leaping" to different periods in time within his life span. They kept trying to get him home, but it never worked. Someone from the present could keep in touch with him as a hologram.

Maybe someone else has an idea.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2005 10:22      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Peebs,

I was trying to avoid saying that it souded like she had Quantum Leap and the Peach Pit from 90210 fused together.

Perhaps bageria you could be a bit more specific. Was this a US, Brit or Aussie show? Somewhere between? Late night early a.m. Or a channel perhaps.

This may help narrow the search for someone.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2474 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2005 19:34      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:
Thanks Peebs,

I was trying to avoid saying that it souded like she had Quantum Leap and the Peach Pit from 90210 fused together.

Didn't the series finale of Quantum Leap center around a diner, though?

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
bageria
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3758

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 28, 2005 01:30      Profile for bageria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No deffinatly not Quantum leap, Quatum Leap was a popular show on for many years. And he actually jumped into the body of the people he was trying to help. Yes the series finally was in a bar/restraunt and God was the bar tender.

Let's see What can I dredge up from the vague memories I have. it would have to have been on before 12pm EST because My Ma worked night shift back then. It was the diner itself that went to weird places. The main guy was in his 20's, after a while I believe there was a woman at the dinner too and a black man who might have been in his 40's. The place resembled the diners that look like a old silver trailer. American show. The flashes I see of it in my head wouldn't give enough to go on as far as scenes go. (And no it wasn't sliders either)

It was probably on some weird channel like USA It isn't anything that would be common knowledge show today. I'd rank it right up there in most people's memories with Mann & Machine and Manimal. If you remember these shows at all your at least old enough to stand a chance at knowing the show I'm talking about.

Again thanks for the help. I know that this is a real challenge. It's been driving me crazy for a week now and I can't find it on-line so far. I'm a movie and tv geek by nature I normally remember the most obscure things but I just can't seem to get the name of this show in my head. Thanks sooo much.
Bageria

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 28, 2005 12:31      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The menu said "Breakfast served any time", so I ordered French Toast during the renaissance.
- Steven Wright.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10702 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
ndim22
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4212

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 22, 2005 16:16      Profile for ndim22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're not alone. I DO remember this show. It was way before Quantum leap. Sorry, I can't recall the name or much anything else about it, but i remember the diner. Also it had kind of a Twilight Zone feel.
Charles
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4000

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 22, 2005 22:53      Profile for Charles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you might check here

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/163450/ref=d_hp_br_lf_6/103-3384892-3750253

you an sort by decade. not sure if it will help

a_searcher
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 13127

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2007 11:42      Profile for a_searcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quantum Leap is one of my all time FAVORITE shows. If you're truly interested in learning more about it, Al's Place is the ultimate QL site on the web.
http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/mainpage.html

There are various fanfics at the site as well. Indeed, there is a Virtual Seasons fanfic that takes on the show after Mirror Image (Sam is still leaping but Al has only been married to Beth.) That took it from seasons 6-13 (season 14 is on hiatus.)
http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/virtualseasons/index.html

There will be a QL convention which will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the show's debut.
http://www.leapback2009.com/

In speaking with my Trivia Expert buddy, he informed me that the other show is likely Nightmare Cafe. You can check out the information at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103502/

Synopsis sure sounds like it.

Posts: 2 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
bageria
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3758

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2007 13:06      Profile for bageria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to say that I'm amazed and grateful years later I'm getting e-mails again about this topic. Both to let me know what it was and to ask me what it was. Midnight Cafe was indeed the name of this show. I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one over the years that has looked for this show. Thanks everyone
Bageria

--------------------

a_searcher
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 13127

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 22, 2007 00:12      Profile for a_searcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I put in Midnight Cafe first. Nothing came up on that name. Nightmare Cafe, though did.

Anyways...glad to help you with this.

Posts: 2 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture