homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » what the hell is blueray?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what the hell is blueray?
orion
Geek
Member # 3439

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2005 14:04      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah. No idea what it is. Be helpfull if someone could give me any ideas on blueray, much obliged!
Posts: 123 | From: cambridge, england | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2005 14:09      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you mean Blu-Ray ?
Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2005 14:12      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
sosumi
Uber Geek
Member # 1106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2005 18:36      Profile for sosumi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cap'n Vic,
here's a little link you might like to use for times like this.
http://tinyurl.com/2rfwr
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 845 | From: Boston | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2005 19:29      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's this guy, His name is Ray and he used a permenent marker and now he is "Blue Ray" He fights crime and gets beat up by criminals a lot because he's not very good at fighting crime. He also likes the sony corporation.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2005 21:24      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sosumi:
Cap'n Vic,
here's a little link you might like to use for times like this.
http://tinyurl.com/2rfwr
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

sosumi:
Nah, I'm rather proud of this one:
http://snipurl.com/tech_search [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2005 21:48      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, that is the one I was looking for [ohwell]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2005 21:50      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
Actually, that is the one I was looking for [ohwell]

Did you realise that it if you google with the words in that slogan, it's the first search result [Razz]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
sosumi
Uber Geek
Member # 1106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 02, 2005 07:54      Profile for sosumi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:

Nah, I'm rather proud of this one:
http://snipurl.com/tech_search [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Oooh! I didn't know snipurl let you customize
the url, how nifty! *bookmarks*

Posts: 845 | From: Boston | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
orion
Geek
Member # 3439

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 02, 2005 10:26      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
erm....thanks for the help.
assholes.

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2005 10:28      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
juts axe, an yuo shal reicvve

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

orion
Geek
Member # 3439

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 02, 2005 10:33      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cap'n vic I did ask, and you just fucking insulted me. I will ask. please give me a propper answer: what is blu-ray?
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 02, 2005 10:34      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look at the very first reply in this thread.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2005 10:37      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orion:
cap'n vic I did ask, and you just fucking insulted me. I will ask. please give me a propper answer: what is blu-ray?

A ray that is blue in colour for 300, Alex?

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

orion
Geek
Member # 3439

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 02, 2005 10:52      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. could have done without the insults, but thanks.
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 02, 2005 10:53      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orion:
erm....thanks for the help.
assholes.

Hey orion. Remember a few weeks back when you posted on these boards and called several folks names, paid little attention to spelling, grammar, capitalization and punctuation? You got flamed. Then you received good advice. Then you reformed your online behavior and apologized. *Then* you were welcomed here. What happened? You seem to be going the wrong direction again.

Put a little thought and effort into your posts and you'll be treated with plenty of respect.

C'mon, orion. We all know you can do it.
[Wink]

Edit: Nice job of catching and correcting that all by yourself, orion. Your post above mine shows this one to be unnecessary.

Second edit: And the one below proves my point. Thank you! Great work! [Big Grin] [thumbsup]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
orion
Geek
Member # 3439

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 02, 2005 10:55      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok ok sorry. just its late, and I just wanted a simple answer to a question. ok?
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 02, 2005 13:58      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
orion: I realize you're still trying to get the hang of cordial, online communication; and learning this "nettiquete" stuff can be challenging. However, the reason folks jumped on you is because you asked a simple question, one that could easially be answered by doing a simple Google search.

Many people find it annoying and a waste of time to answer such simple questions, especially when there is a great search engine (like Google) that can answer these things for you. Also note, though, that if you had made an attempt to google "blueray," and were unable to find what you were looking for, the situation would have been different.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2005 18:18      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just ask Ray You can find him here He wrote a little story about his adventures. He also loves to play his new PS3

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture