homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » MySQL/Perl geek needed...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MySQL/Perl geek needed...
linuxpyro
Geek Larva
Member # 2530

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2004 18:33      Profile for linuxpyro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, I just installed MySQL on my Web server, and it seems to work fine. I've got the client, devel, and server packages installed. However, I need to install the DBD::mysql Perl module for a message board. I used the CPAN module, and entered the following command:

install Bundle::DBD::mysql

However, I keep getting weird error messages. When it gets to the part about writing the Makefile, it prints out an error like "can't exec "mysql_config"". Anyone have any ideas? I'm somewhat new with the MySQL/Perl thing, and so haven't really heard of the mysql_config file before. Thanks for any insight.

Posts: 29 | From: /home/ben | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
linuxpyro
Geek Larva
Member # 2530

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2004 18:36      Profile for linuxpyro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, here's some more info.

When the CPAN module gets to the make install stage, it fails with this error:

code:
make test had returned with bad status; won't install without force
Bundle summary: The following items in Bundle::DBD::mysql had installation problems:
DBD::mysql

Posts: 29 | From: /home/ben | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture