homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Ask a Geek!   » PHP?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PHP?
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2004 01:04      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im building a website and i need to know a few places that host free php support.
Orpheus
Highlie
Member # 2397

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2004 08:26      Profile for Orpheus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you talking about a free hosting site like geocities that also gives ya php? Or just some reference sites?

--------------------
my cats make me crazy

Posts: 554 | From: Galveston, TX | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
sconzey
Assimilated
Member # 2347

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2004 09:15      Profile for sconzey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.portland.co.uk/

Not the fastest, not the most reliable, but the only ones I have found that support php and MySQL on a free account.

--------------------
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."
--Isaac Asimov

Posts: 490 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lactose
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 2545

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2004 10:30      Profile for Lactose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tripod.co.uk offers PHP support (last time I checked, the .com one did not). Banner ads and such though, so I wouldn't exactly recommend it.

If you're doing a personal website/blog or something, you might be better off just seeing if you can get someone (as in an actual person) to host you.
Pick-me.net is a good resource. Although, some potential hostesses might like to see some examples of webpages you have made, and you'll probably be better off actively using the shoutbox and hosts databases to find one, rather than sitting in the hostees database and waiting.

Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2004 21:43      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im looking for free hosting that gives ya php
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2004 10:20      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can help you out for 15 dollars a month
SupportGoddess

Member # 822

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2004 23:07      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you can afford about $5 a month, check out ICDSoft.
Posts: 1150 | From: The Digital Temple | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
sconzey
Assimilated
Member # 2347

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2004 02:11      Profile for sconzey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For FREE hosting, go portland, or get cable.

--------------------
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."
--Isaac Asimov

Posts: 490 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
linuxpyro
Geek Larva
Member # 2530

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2004 17:57      Profile for linuxpyro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Setting up your own server's not too hard. Check out Dslwebserver.com for more info.
Posts: 29 | From: /home/ben | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture