homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Let's Get Creative!   » Any animators in the house?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any animators in the house?
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted August 16, 2009 02:33      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wrote a short script on a whim a while back, a send up of an Edgar Allan Poe poem, and I was wondering if anyone might be interested in animating it?

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2009 03:56      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I animated these two pictures together, from when I was trying to take a picture of lightning.
 -

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2009 05:28      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Well ____

____ I have been know to become animated.

____ I have been know to cause other people to become animated.

____ Oh you mean motion pictures.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2009 09:33      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry fs, three years studying for an animation degree have taught me that animation is not for me. But I hope you find someone to do it.
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2009 01:06      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's too bad, Max. Good that you found out now and changed career paths, though, instead of wasting years doing something you don't actually enjoy.

And neat lightning strike, Littlefish! How'd you get the photos?

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 25, 2009 02:34      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
And neat lightning strike, Littlefish! How'd you get the photos?

I was up there in a storm, and lightning was popping off every couple of minutes. I set the camera to continuous shooting and got one lucky shot out of around 200. I also got sore arms. There were also a number of unlucky shots where the lightning strike was in-between frames.
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2009 10:19      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only animate the dead. It's quite the fun hobby. Freaks the wife out a bit.

I also did this: The Bull Goose

Not exactly Pixar, but it was fun...

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture