homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Let's Get Creative!   » I come from the land of the ice and snow...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I come from the land of the ice and snow...
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted September 13, 2006 22:32      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some pictures of moi, floating the river a couple months ago. Apparently, I remind people of a viking.

-

-

Anyways, serves as a semi-recent pic of me. My hair is slightly shorter now, and the farmer's tan isn't so bad.

Just thought they'd be good for a laugh [Razz]

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 06:39      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excuse me for being rather personal NWNF, but I can't quite understand those pictures. Are you standing upright in that thing, or do you have really short legs?

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 07:25      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
Excuse me for being rather personal NWNF, but I can't quite understand those pictures. Are you standing upright in that thing, or do you have really short legs?

No, no, no, no, no Calli! Those rafts have cutouts in the bottom for the legs. He's actually standing on the river bottom - not moving at all. The whole thing's a fake.

nwnf: Let the beard grow, dude. We'll take up a collection for the Norske hat thingee.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 07:34      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I assume he is sitting in the boat with his legs crossed, though with the first pic it does almost llok like he is standing.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3093 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 08:58      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're all wrong! A tear in the fabric of space-time has formed in the bottom of the canoe and his legs are now in another dimension. [Razz]

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 09:17      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Astronomer Jedi:
You're all wrong! A tear in the fabric of space-time has formed in the bottom of the canoe and his legs are now in another dimension. [Razz]

Precisely. They're in the Land Down Under. How 'bout sending us a pic, AJ?

--------------------

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 10:05      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In keeping with the outdoors theme, I give you...ME!

-

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 10:22      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er.... AJ, I don't mean to pick nits - but why is there a cross sticking out of your head?

--------------------

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 10:26      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
Er.... AJ, I don't mean to pick nits - but why is there a cross sticking out of your head?

That is an electrical pole that is sticking out of his head. Some people just try to find religious meaning in everything. Sheesh.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 10:30      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you certain that it isn't a cross disguised to look like an electrical pole? Not everyone is so bold in showing off their religious artifacts as you, Ash. After all, talk about wavin' a flag... [Razz]

--------------------

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 10:41      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or maybe it's the cross of some reformed church that believes that jesus was electrucuted on the cross.

--------------------

-Assif Mandvi

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 10:45      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be the Newly Re-Generated Branch Davidians.

--------------------

nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 11:34      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol, I'm sitting in the raft, legs tucked underneath me. And I look like I'm standing because I just have good posture [Smile]

GG: I'm workin' on the beard. I'm supposed to go for the full-out jesus look to support Tech's basketball team this year, so we'll see what I come up with.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 11:37      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gonna play a little football at Tech, are ya' nwnf?

What is your planned academic major, if you don't mind us knowing?

Edit: By the way, AJ, in that picture above, you are the one with the cross, right? [Big Grin]

--------------------

nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 12:40      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started out playing football, but I quit. Yep, I'm a quitter, I'll just say it now so I don't get crap later like I always do. I just didn't feel like dedicating that much time to sport that I have no exceptional talent in.

My major is, of course, CS, with minors in Mathematics and Electrical Engineering. I'm taking sophomore level CS classes right now, thanks to the AP CS exam.

I'm (hopefully) going to be doing some undergrad research this year. I have to have my proposal written and submitted by the 21st. I'm gonna see if they'll give me money to write a game server that runs on the beowulf cluster.

--------------------

SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 14:01      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still insist I'm having more fun with the biochem major.....
Oh! Quitter!!! [Razz]

I'm kidding you should know that....

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2006 18:43      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Gonna play a little football at Tech, are ya' nwnf?

What is your planned academic major, if you don't mind us knowing?

Edit: By the way, AJ, in that picture above, you are the one with the cross, right? [Big Grin]

Oh no, he's my evil tormenter. I'm the salmon. See I was just cruising around the Southern Ocean one day, skillfully avoiding the sea birds, when BOOM there's this irresistable little silver thing in the water. Course I can't help my self, what with it being so shiny, and the next minute I'm caught on the end of some dude's line. How depressing. And the smart arse didn't even kiss me and throw me back.

--------------------

SilverBlade
Alpha Geek
Member # 3541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 15, 2006 09:50      Profile for SilverBlade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are hilarious! More photos and more half-insults to go with them! Encore encore! [Applause] [Big Grin]

--------------------
http://www.silver-blade.net

Posts: 303 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 15, 2006 10:41      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me uses Jedi Mind Trick

SilverBlade, you will post some photos that we can joke about.

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 15, 2006 13:56      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That photo of AJ is obviously fake.
There are no trees, fish, or electrical poles in The Great Western Wasteland.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10698 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 15, 2006 18:57      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And yet it still beats living in Melbourne.

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 17, 2006 09:41      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmpf. *Shrugs* I thought everything beat living in Melbourne.

quote:
Originally posted by nwnf:
I'm supposed to go for the full-out jesus look to support Tech's basketball team this year, so we'll see what I come up with.

One of my kids was at Tech's game yesterday with two of his buddies from the football team - a recruiting invitation. They thought the coaches were fantastic.

But why the Jesus look for the Basketball team?

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 17, 2006 14:40      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Because they get crucified every time they play?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10698 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2006 20:35      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Mmmpf. *Shrugs* I thought everything beat living in Melbourne.

quote:
Originally posted by nwnf:
I'm supposed to go for the full-out jesus look to support Tech's basketball team this year, so we'll see what I come up with.

One of my kids was at Tech's game yesterday with two of his buddies from the football team - a recruiting invitation. They thought the coaches were fantastic.

Coach Green is an amazing man. One of the funniest people I know.

Why the Jesus look? Because I guess I look like a whiter version of The Man himself. Everybody on campus calls me 'Jesus Effing Christ', so I figured I'd take it an run with it. Besides, it should throw Carroll for a loop when they have to play us- realizing that Jesus is not, in fact, on their side [Razz]

Mostly, it's just for kicks and giggles. We'll see what happens come basketball season.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture