homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Let's Get Creative!   » The Photo Thread (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: The Photo Thread
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted June 22, 2005 12:32      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been meaning to start a thread for people to post photos that they have taken, here it is. [Smile]

Kindy post pictures that you have taken yourself, and that you think the rest of us would like to see. Please don't make them too large, as it makes the thread hard to view for most folks.... you can always create a link to a larger image.

This is a shot of the gorgeous Comox Glacier and Comox Valley from the air, that I took yesterday. The glacier is one of my favorite things, it seems to float over the valley and has an awe-inspiring presence... as if it were a living entity. [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]

-

Posts: 8169 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2005 13:19      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some flower pictures from our garden:
 -
 -

I have more, but thought I would limit it for now.

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2005 13:37      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No bitching about sidescroll!

Here is pic of one of our mountain top wireless links that wasn't working so well.......Yes, there is a dish underneath all that hoar frost.

-

Here is a pic I snapped behind the office last year. A Boreal owl was napping in the afternoon sun. He is only about 5 inches tall.

-

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2005 15:41      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pregnant bellies:

18 weeks pregnant
23 weeks pregnant

And from our impromptu vacation on Memorial Day weekend, here are some sunset picture over Humboldt bay:

Picture 1 Picture 2 Picture 3

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2005 15:59      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A touch of rain on a Saturday.

-

I couldn't decide if this was urban art or someone just left their bike on the fence.

-

Posts: 796 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2005 16:05      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, very nice, all. I'll have to see if I can include a couple from my camping trip a couple of weeks ago, need to do some post processing on them.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2005 16:15      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe, so a whole bunch of us want to see pics of Peebs pregnant? At least I got to see the first pic before it maxed out... [ohwell]

I wish I could scan a pic for you. My cousin was due in about two or three weeks when we had my grandmother's 75th birthday party last fall. My grandma is a rather conservative member of the older generation--extremely modest, farming stock, domineering (late) husband and all that. I'm not sure how it started, but my cousin asked Grandma if she wanted to see her belly. Grandma shrieked, "Oooo!!" and made us all laugh, so my mom took a picture of my cousin standing at the stove stirring soup, shirt pulled up to the top of her very pregnant belly. My cousin's always been very slender, so her pregnancy definitely showed!

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3851 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2005 18:30      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
Hehe, so a whole bunch of us want to see pics of Peebs pregnant? At least I got to see the first pic before it maxed out... [ohwell]

Sorry about that. I can't justify the expense of paying for hosting since the only thing I would use it for is showing pictures to friends on the internet. [ohwell] If anyone feels like hosting it for me I will gladly e-mail it to you, but otherwise just wait a day and you should be able to see them again.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2005 18:36      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
Sorry about that. I can't justify the expense of paying for hosting since the only thing I would use it for is showing pictures to friends on the internet. [ohwell] If anyone feels like hosting it for me I will gladly e-mail it to you, but otherwise just wait a day and you should be able to see them again.

I'm surprised your internet provider doesn't give you any included webspace. Failing that, there are a few decent free photo hosting places around, like photobucket.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2005 18:37      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay! I got to see the second one, too. You have such an awesome expression on your face in these pics... making me think that if we knew each other in real life I'd want you as my friend.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3851 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Orpheus
Highlie
Member # 2397

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2005 18:46      Profile for Orpheus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice pics so far [Smile] Here's an interesting flower from a local state park and links to more pics.

-
tiny white flower after rain
close-up of tiny flowers
vibrant pink flowers
pelicans by the water
flower just outside mom's house
translucent cactus flower
bee working a cactus flower

--------------------
my cats make me crazy

Posts: 554 | From: Galveston, TX | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2005 20:45      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
The cat who tells Orpheus he's crazy. He looks deceptively innocent in this picture.

-
A mushroom invaded my potted plant and provided a lovely photo op.

Extras:
My new asparagus fern

A magnolia from my dad's yard

The view from our front porch

The dog

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2005 22:04      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kerry's always been photogenic, even half asleep:

-

Here are some pictures i took at Cave Hill Cemetary (I love old cemetaries):

-

-

-

-

-

Posts: 5855 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
angryjungman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2005 06:37      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, you guys have some phenomenal pics. Here's my inadequate contribution to the thread:
A really cute picture of Steph.
A hawk that was in my parents' front yard [taken by my dad]
A neat shot of my Mac Mini

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 634 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2005 07:59      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I just whipped up a new gallery for this thread. I haven't really had a chance to do any post processing on them, so straight out of camera they are. Note how different the Australian pelican is from the version as posted by Orpheus.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2005 08:19      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posted for the sole purpose of making Allan jealous... [Wink] [Razz]

As received the other day:
 -

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2005 08:23      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone needs to throw some pictures up, as long as you don't intend on using absurd amounts of bandwidth, pm me, and I can give you access to a program that will let you upload files and give you urls to them on my server.. they'd be on my fun probablyoneofthelongestdomainnamesontheinternet.com domain. [Wink]

I have no pictures for you other than my bragging car pictures until my trip to newfoundland next month.. hopefully that results in some nice ones. [Smile]

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2005 08:24      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear dragonman97,

I hate you.

Signed,
drunkennewfiemidget
[Smile]

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2005 08:35      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
Note how different the Australian pelican is from the version as posted by Orpheus.

Yes, the colorings are completely different, and our version appears much scruffier. We actually have two different species around here: the brown ones which stay throuhgout the year, and then white ones which migrate through in winter. They are fun to watch as they fish just outside our apartment. We also have some very aggressive seagulls who will try to take their catch, often by standing on the pelicans' heads. Quite entertaining for the dog as well.

Anyways, nice pictures everybody! Keep up the good work.
[Smile]

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2005 09:14      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maia:
Yes, the colorings are completely different, and our version appears much scruffier.

That it does. The Australian version can look very cute.

-

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Jonathan
Geek
Member # 2724

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted June 23, 2005 11:08      Profile for Jonathan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GMx! I love those pics of the old cemetery!
Posts: 147 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2005 11:21      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
I'm surprised your internet provider doesn't give you any included webspace. Failing that, there are a few decent free photo hosting places around, like photobucket.

I do keep forgetting about Ofoto, don't I? I think we went through this last year after my Hawaii pictures. [crazy]

Here are the pictures I tried to post earlier. Now there should be no bandwidth issues.

--------------------
—Miss Piggy

Jonathan
Geek
Member # 2724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2005 11:38      Profile for Jonathan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well folks, Here are some pics I took...
Chillhowie waterfall

My back yard

Posts: 147 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted June 23, 2005 12:50      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan:
Well folks, Here are some pics I took...
Chillhowie waterfall

My back yard

Nothing quite like broken Tripod links. I hate that. [Mad]
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted June 23, 2005 13:19      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They aren't broken. Tripod simply blows goat. Their choke back the access of their linkable files som much it is pointless to even use 'em.

Photobucket is a great, free, easy to use site for licking/hosting pics.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture