homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Let's Get Creative!   » The Wizards of Technology! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The Wizards of Technology!
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2004 21:15      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure whether I should laugh or cry at that second bit!

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2004 21:22      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
I'm not sure whether I should laugh or cry at that second bit!

*sniff*

I'm going to go and try and enjoy my New Years Eve in spite of this assault on my self worth. Not that anyone cares [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2004 22:00      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh! Is it New Year's for you now? It's only 12:57 am here. We have a full 23 hours to go until New Year's Day.

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2004 22:01      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it's just after 5pm on NYE here. Time to go for a trip into the city!

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2004 22:16      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have fun, but don't do anything I wouldn't do!!

(i.e., drink alcohol, get drunk, wake up next to an unknown person without clothing on either of you, etc.... [Razz] )

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2004 22:20      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or worse yet, waking up in a hallway, locked out, in some unknown Aussie chick's clothes. [Wink]

Have fun, man - party like it's 1999. [Big Grin] </lame old ref.>

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2004 22:33      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watch out for tidal waves. [ohwell]

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2004 22:54      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Have fun, man - party like it's 1999. [Big Grin] </lame old ref.>

But it is 1999 </lame old running joke>

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 31, 2004 07:21      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My 1999 party was actually kinda lame [ohwell]

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
DigitalBill

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 01, 2005 21:28      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The latest ediition is up, for new Years Eve, 12/31/2004, over at:

http://www.wizardsoftechnology.com/

In this episode: Happy New Year! Mister Marc Returns, News, and Podsafe Lang Syne.

=DB

Podcasting virtually live from http://www.wizardsoftechnology.com/

--------------------
I've found life is so much better in the cartoon universe!
"No power in the 'Verse can stop us!"

Posts: 604 | From: The Wizards of Technology Binary Bunker | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
DigitalBill

Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 17, 2005 11:17      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know if this was covered over here, as I was kinda busy last week... but we posted four (count 'em! FOUR!) shows last week, with all kinds of interviews with Mac industry luminaries... here's the short list:
  • Wil Wheaton
  • Leo Laporte
  • David Pogue
  • Chris Breen of Macworld magazine
  • Andy Ihnatko
  • Laura Burstein, formerly of TechTV
  • August Trometer of iPodderX
  • Dave Hamilton, President of Mac Observer
  • Rob Griffiths of macosxhints.com
  • (OK, so it's NOT a short list!)
And we still have more stuff left over for this week, so tune in now at http://www.wizardsoftechnology.com/ and check out shows #19-22!

EnJoy!

DigitalBill

--------------------

Posts: 604 | From: The Wizards of Technology Binary Bunker | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
DigitalBill

Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 19, 2005 07:34      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You keep listening, I'll keep posting.....

Tuesday's Wizards of Technology and we're back from the city by the bay, but still more Macworld content for you. The Wizards break WAAAY out of format to bring you their Sound-seeing Tour of the Macworld Expo show floor. Real geek-on-the-street coverage, with random interviews and observations from all over!

Check us out at http://www.wizardsoftechnology.com/ or go right to the show at http://homepage.mac.com/digitalbill/WoT/podcasts/WoT_23_20050118.mp3

EnJoy!

=DB

--------------------

GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 19, 2005 07:37      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what was it like being so close to so many macfamous people?
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
angryjungman

Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 19, 2005 07:54      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DB: Laura Burstein is way hot. I am very envious. [evil] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
DigitalBill

Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 19, 2005 15:27      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:
So what was it like being so close to so many macfamous people?

GMx,
I'd actually met a couple of them on the Geek Cruise MacMania III - Leo and Pogue, and I've known Andy I. casually for a couple years... I guess I'm a periphery person... brushes with greatness and all that. But to answer your question, every one of them was very kind and gracious with their time. And yes, Laura is hot. [Cool]

quote:
Originally posted by angryjungman:
DB: Laura Burstein is way hot. I am very envious.

a-j-m,
See above. [Wink] When I interviewed her, she was well into the party spirit, shall we say? But very nice and a fun interview. (She's in the last few minutes of Show 19)

=DB

...podcasting virtually live...

--------------------

DigitalBill

Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 08, 2005 22:13      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, resurrecting the Wizards Podcast thread...

Just posted our second show with the lovely and talented Laura Burstein, filling in (and then some) for Mister Marc.

You can check them out at:

http://www.wizardsoftechnology.com/?q=node/view/71
and
http://www.wizardsoftechnology.com/?q=node/view/74

As Snaggy would say... enJoy!

=DB

--------------------

angryjungman

Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 09, 2005 06:12      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Downloaded it first thing this morning and am listening to it as I type DB.

/me looks around for RedNivek

WoT is my favourite podcast. I can't get enough of it. And having Laura as a co-host just sweetens the deal. [hearts]

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
DigitalBill

Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 09, 2005 15:29      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by angryjungman:
Downloaded it first thing this morning and am listening to it as I type DB.

/me looks around for RedNivek

WoT is my favourite podcast. I can't get enough of it. And having Laura as a co-host just sweetens the deal. [hearts]

Thanks AJM! I won't tell Red if you don't... btw, i like EDR as well.. but he's missing in Laura factor [Wink]

BTW - we're having a lot of weirdness with the RSS feeds so if your iPodder client doesn't get all the files, check the website for links...

=DB

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture